Tom Kumaran

In the summer of 2017, I competed in the Webster Memorial Trophy Competition that was being hosted by Mitchinson Flight Centre. I was so impressed with the warm and welcoming environment that I ended up moving from Ontario to come work as an instructor.

 Barrie.jpg   Geoff

My journey with Mitchinson Flight Centre began at an open house for the new students of the Sask. Polytechnic Commercial Pilot program. I began the program holding only a Private Pilot License which I attained at my home in Regina. Moving to Saskatoon meant I needed a new school to continue my training. The Mitchinson open house was a great opportunity to discover what Mitchinson’s could offer. The owners, instructors, and staff were very approachable and informative.


 tyleradams1    tyleradamspenguin

Hi, my name is Tyler Adams. I am a First Officer at Encore on a Q400. Prior to that I was a First Officer with Kenn Borek Air Ltd. and a former flight instructor with Mitchinson Flight Centre. Having had the opportunity to fly and experience the Artic, Antarctic and much between, I can’t help but think of how much I owe to the people and team that make up Mitchinson Flight Centre.



From my first time walking through the doors at Mitchinson Flight Centre the staff was knowledgable and friendly. I went for a discovery flight and was instantly hooked and knew that being a commercial pilot is what I wanted to do in life. The summer of 2009 I started my private pilot licence training at MFC. The following January I attended the SIAST (now Sask Polytechnic) Commercial Pilot Program while working towards my Commercial licence and multi engine IFR. During the final stages of my commercial training I was offered a job instructing at MFC and I graciously accepted. I finished all my training including an instructor rating in February of 2011. 




My name is John Kydd and at present I'm a captain on Boeing 737NG with WestJet airlines.  I've been very fortunate in my 22 years of flying, a career that started by gaining my PPL at Mitchinson's in the spring of 1993.  I'll never forget my very first 0.7 hours in a C152 with Bob Pearson.